Having launched as a shirt specialist of some repute in Glasgow Ted Baker quickly became the place to buy some of the very best contemporary men's shirting around.
From the beginning Ted has had a very clear, unswerving, focus on quality, attention to detail and a quirky sense of humour, so much so in fact that the first stores used to provide a laundry service for every shirt purchased – something that gained the quickly growing brand the title of ‘No Ordinary Designer Label’. Everything produced under the Ted Baker name has his personality woven into its very heart.
As you would expect from Ted, the approach to marketing the brand remains the same as it was from day one … primarily by word of mouth and out of the ordinary marketing. What other brand would give away Paxo stuffing at Christmas, a can of chocolate bunny hotpot for Easter, or even special world-cup 2006 football cards, Roy of the Rovers style? Ted remains one of the only brands to be built into an international designer label without an advertising campaign.
As Ted chooses not to advertise, he must do everything he can to support the collections in a more consistent, different and fun manner. We hope you’ll agree our new ‘no ordinary designer website’ does this down to a tee.
• Ted Baker is one of the fastest-growing leading lifestyle brands in the UK.
• The collections have expanded rapidly since its beginnings as a menswear brand in Glasgow in 1987.
• Today Ted Baker offers a wide range of collections including: Menswear, Womenswear, Global, Endurance, Pashion, Langley, Accessories, Fragrance, Skinwear, Footwear, Eyewear and Watches.
• Ted Baker has a portfolio of stores in the UK and USA and is also present in leading department stores.
• After signing three new territorial license agreements in 2006 and initially opening stores in Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai we've continued our expansion in 2007 with the opening of a further store in Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, three in Kuala Lumpur and two each in Dubai and Jakarta. We also have locations in Taiwan and Bangkok.